Tachus is a 100% pure, fiber-optic Internet provider that has been disrupting the market by delivering a simple, fast service with outstanding, Texas-based customer service to tens of thousands of homes & businesses in the Greater Houston area. Team Tachus brings decades of infrastructure, operations, marketing, sales and technology experience with a proven track record of building and growing highly successful businesses. Due to our continued, strong customer growth, we are seeking another highly-motivated individual to join the team!
Summary Job Description
The Staff Accountant should be an experienced, organized, energetic self-starter able to work independently to provide technical and administrative support for our accounting processes. This position and its responsibilities will have the opportunity to grow as the company grows. This is a highly-collaborative position within a growing team environment.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits with medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off and 401k in a fun, flexible environment!
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Assist in preparing financial statements and producing budget according to schedule
- Proficient with 10-key typing and data entry
- Assist in coding and entering AP invoices in a timely manner
- Assist in creating purchase orders to acquire materials
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory
- Assist the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Reconcile accounts
- Book journal entries
- Other duties as may be assigned
Skills And Experience
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred; experience may be considered equivalent in lieu of degree
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and ReQlogic will be preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Physical activities include, but are not limited to: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking and lifting up to 30 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
This is a full-time position located in The Woodlands, Texas. Relocation will not be provided. To be considered, please submit your resume and a cover letter. Please include your salary requirements.